This modified recipe of fudgy almond-butter brownie thins came from a fellow dietitian @bitesbymi, check her out on Instagram! They are made with all- natural ingredients and grain-free too! A great alternative to the processed, high-sugar brownies we all crave from time to time. Believe us when we say, they are JUST as addicting. Enjoy!
¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
½ cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup Truvia or honey
¾ cup cacoa powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
2 eggs, whisked
3/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
Optional: sliced strawberries for topping
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, trivia or honey, and coconut oil until well combined.
3. Add cacoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until well mixed.
4. Whisk in vanilla, salt and eggs, until well combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in almond flour until a thick batter form. Fold in chocolate.
5. Pour batter into pan. Using the rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer. Optional: top with favorite berry or other fruit.
6. Bake for 26-28 minutes. Let cool for at least 25-30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!