If you are ever feeling a little under the weather and need something warm and satisfying, this chicken cous cous soup really hits the spot. Packed with anti-inflammatory ingredients like ginger, turmeric and garlic it’s just what the doctor ordered! So good, even if you aren’t feeling under the weather! We used rotisserie chicken to speed up the process, because let’s face it..we’re moms and “we ain’t got time for that!”
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated turmeric (or 1 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme, stems removed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup pearl or Israeli couscous
- Place a large dutch oven or pot over medium high heat and add in oil. Once oil is hot, add in garlic, onion, carrots and celery; cook for a few minutes until onion are translucent.
- Next add in grated ginger and grated turmeric. Saute for 30 seconds to let the spices cook a bit, then add in rotisserie chicken breast, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bring soup it a boil and add in couscous.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.